February 09, 2018

Love is In the Air

‘Tis the season for love! Our challenge this week at Crazy 4 Challenges was to make a love or appreciation card. I also combined this with the PTI 11th Anniversary challenge to use one of their design team sketches from their favourite card from last year.

c4c 18 love felt heart

I used the sketch from Stephanie’s cotton candy card from Stamp-a-faire. I ADORED this card and made my own version of it. Because it is so puffy and thick AND cannot be squished, it’s been moving about my craft room as I can’t find a good place for it. And let’s face it, it’s too cute to put away! Link HERE.

For this card, I used PTI background paper, Simply Jane, felt and cardstock for die cutting. It’s really an awesome sketch, I’m sure I’ll be using it again. This also works for the other challenge, remake a card you’ve made. This one may not be masculine exactly but it’s far more restrained than the original card.

c4c paris love

The theme continues! I got on a roll with the love theme so I made another love card. If you are reading from a place where English isn’t your first language, S.W.A.K.  stands for Sealed With A Kiss. People, girls especially, used to kiss the back of envelopes with mail to their young men and leave a lipstick mark then they would write SWAK. Especially letters sent overseas to soldiers during war time. Cute right? Starting out, I knew I wanted to use this awesome Eiffel Tower themed paper. But I didn’t have an idea of what else I wanted to do until I pulled out the lipstick paper from the same Ooh La La pack from Craft Smart (Michaels).

I hope you will play along with us at C4C this week. It’s a fabulous and popular theme for this time of year. Even if you can’t play along, visit the site to see everyone else’s cards and leave a loving comment! (See what I did there??!!)

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: