August 15, 2017

Monochromatic Coffee Drinks

Our challenge this week was to make a monochromatic card; you can still use black and white/ivory. I got the new Perfect Blend stamps and dies from Neat & Tangled stamps during their recent sale. This was a perfect time to use them!c4c monochromatic I love getting Frappuccinos at Starbucks. I’m not into coffee but I sure love those! There was a sale on them, half price for a week, I am ashamed to say I had one almost every day!

This card uses some old My Mind’s Eye paper for the base and other layers. The drinks were stamped on X-Press it paper and blended with Copic markers. The straws are a separate piece, I inserted them into the cup die cut by using a craft knife to cut where a real drink lid would be cut and tucked them in. The drink mix inside the cups was coloured with R 81, 83, and 85 markers in a swirly pattern. I was trying to mimic those drinks where they add syrup to the cup first then blend the drink making pretty swirls. I saw Sandy Allnock do this once and it looked fantastic. The layers were cut with Label 55 dies from Spellbinders and the banner was hand cut except for the banner end which was done with Fishtail Banners from Sunny Studio. Believe it or not, I got that pretty lace at the dollar store! It’s a really nice cotton lace.

Monochromatic cards are so fun and easy because so many of the decisions are already made! Hope you can come and join us this week!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: