July 11, 2017

Paris Sending Hugs Card

It’s time for another Crazy 4 Challenges card! This week we were challenged to make a card using a travel destination, any city, country or place.

c4c paris hugs

Of course, my romantic, shabby chic and summer-loving self immediately thought of the beach and Paris. Hard to chose but Paris won as I hadn’t made a shabby card in a while. It’s pretty hard for me to make one without tons of dimensional flowers but using Webster’s Pages paper helps a lot as the paper already has many shabby elements on it.

c4c paris hugs2

Do you know what colour the Eiffel Tower is? I thought it was silver/raw metal colour but actually it is painted three shades of bronze. The bottom is the darkest and the top is the lightest. Apparently this enhances the look against the sky. When I found that out, I tried to mimic this in my die cut (Hero Arts). I added silver distress stain to the top and copper to the bottom leaving the center plain. Then I added bronze over top hoping the colours below would blend with the bronze on top. It didn’t work as I had to add too many colours of stain to get a solid look but it’s still pretty!

Want to get all my posts by email? Be sure to check out the email sign up widget on my sidebar!

I added some stamping, the clock, flourish on the left, the birds at the top and bits of script and postmarks. On the background paper I added gold crackle paste through a doily stencil. I hope you like how this turned out! I kinda love it! We would love to have you join us this week. Any destination, maybe your dream vacation? :)

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: