July 16, 2017

Celebrate Everyday Moments

I’m so excited to finally show you one of the cards I made for SCS in January.

SCS 01 cake n roses wm 

I started with this glorious cupcake paper from Bo Bunny. It uses so many of my favourite colours too! Mmmm. I love when pastels are accented with a pop of a bright or darker colour in this case the fuchsia! While not a big fan of black it works perfectly here! The oval die cut which I think is either sponged or airbrushed with a tiny bit of colour, makes a perfect mat for the cake slice inside a cloche! Some gold thread makes the chipboard (Bo Bunny) pop too! I just can’t stop adding gold! I’m so glad that gold is the trend right now and not silver as I definitely prefer the warm shimmer of gold, rose gold and copper!

I added some narrow washi tape above the patterned paper just to help it look more finished then some ribbon and glitter. The pink Distress glitter was adhered (Scor-Tape) to the card right next to the ribbon and trimmed on an angle so it almost appears that the ribbon has a glittered edge. Really Reasonable Ribbon has some awesome deals on the lovely paper flowers I used on this card; their colours compliment the paper perfectly!

Another chipboard piece provides a sentiment I really believe in. My religion doesn’t celebrate holidays or even birthdays so we really have to take advantage of smaller moments to celebrate and enjoy. It certainly makes things less stressful to celebrate a lot of small moments rather than just a few huge ones. A sprinkling of sequins and gems from Lucy’s Cards provides some sparkle and bling to this fun card!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: