October 22, 2016

It’s Cookie Time!

Whew! It’s been a long but fun week. My last card features some fun cookie stamps for the Flourishes l.c release!

fl cookiesWM

I used the cookies to make a sweet place setting complete with placemat and mug of cocoa. Since the cookies are set in all directions and I hadn’t decided the placement until after I coloured them, I coloured them very simply without much in the way of shading or shadows. I added some browning to the edges of the vanilla cookies and a bit of a shadow next to the icing on the gingerbread cookies.

must be santa set wm

I coloured right over the sprinkles on the star cookies. When the ink was dry, I added Sakura gelly roll pen to the sprinkles then coloured with Copics over top. I do this on strawberry seeds too. It’s so much easier than carefully colouring around such tiny details. The background uses an embossing folder by Cuttlebug and I used patterned paper by Basic Grey. The mug die is by SSS.

I hope you’ve enjoyed our release week! 6 sets is a lot so I hope you’ve kept up! The girls have shown so many lovely ways to use all our new stamps! If you’ve missed some, each of the links below will send you not only to todays post but all of the Flourishes cards they’ve made!

Enjoy, Rebecca

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How very cute is this! You did such a good job of making something that makes you feel all warm and snuggley like it's really a nice hot drink with gingerbread men on a cold day