September 28, 2016

Shabby Pastel Clock Card

I’m often inspired by many different things. One day it’s a new supply, the next it’s a sketch. Maybe the following week it’s someone’s card I want to CASE. This time it was a sketch. I made this ages ago so the linky is long closed but it’s too pretty to not share it!

shabby pastel clock

This shaker card actually has 5 sections. I die cut the clock (PTI)from kraft cardstock and fun foam. I wanted to make the shaker so some of shaker goodies would always be inside the areas where the numbers would go. So I removed some of the foam ‘boundaries’ between the number areas but left some in so there are 4 sections plus the middle. This way the shaker bits wouldn’t all settle at the bottom! Does that make sense? I removed some of the bits of foam so I was left with 4 sections. I figured that adding sequins to each of 13 sections would be a pain!

shabby pastel clock2

I added embossing paste to the background paper (My Favourite Things) and added some gold glass glitter while it was still wet. It looks like wet sand on the background here but it’s much prettier IRL. The clock die cut was accented with gold embossing powder on the inner and outer rims. For finishing touches here are some paper flowers, glitter washi, lace, a doily (PTI), gold twist twine and some sari ribbon.

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: