September 16, 2016

Hug and Roses Card

I have been having a blast playing with my new Altenew goodies! Happily, this week at Crazy 4 Challenges, we had a sketch challenge so I could combine my lovely new stamps and inks with the challenge!

rose hugs

I love these flowers! I usually choose the more realistic stamps Altenew sells but these have popped up everywhere on my favourite blogs and I just couldn’t resist any more! Now I’ve gotta tell you something, the circle die cut (Spellbinders)? It’s actually mirrored gold cardstock! It’s so dark, I think it must be reflecting my camera! You can see a hint of the gold right under the flower on the right.

rose hugs2

I started with a wood grain panel which I airbrushed with an R83 Copic marker. That gave me a soft even pink shade across the middle of the panel. I thought about doing some ink blending but that would have highlighted the wood grain which I didn’t want. I also considered some water colour or spray mist but as I’ve never tried that on this paper and I have only a couple 4.25x5.5 pieces plus I worried about warping, I changed my mind. I do that a lot when creating.

The flowers were stamped with frost pink, jet black (Altenew) and lovely lady (PTI). The next darkest colour in the Altenew line up was too dark so I used the PTI ink instead. I think it worked out beautifully right? The background was stamped in kraft (PTI) with some of the secondary images from Beautiful Day and Painted Flowers. The sentiment (Altenew) is stamped on black cardstock and embossed in white. The gold frame, flowers and sentiment are all popped up at various levels. The wood grain panel was mounted on a kraft notecard (PTI) that I stamped with more kraft ink using the secondary flower stamp from Beautiful Day.

C4C354Sketch

The sketch we have this week is very versatile! So many awesome things you can do with it! I hope you can join us over at Crazy 4 Challenges!

Enjoy, Rebecca

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Wow, Rebecca...this is just so visually STUNNING! Love the frame, the floral stamping, the sequins, the woodgrain, the white on black sentiment...I love EVERYTHING about this card!