August 28, 2016

Pink and Gold Glitter Wedding Card

I am super in love with this Eliana die by Memory Box. It was the name I had picked out for my youngest child had he been a girl. Such a lovely name.

butterfly congrats wedding card

I placed a sheet of Scor Tape over the entire card base. Then I adhered my Eliana die cut to the tape and added the white glitter. I used the paper that covered the adhesive to burnish the glitter and help the die cut stick but because this die cut is also embossed, I was very gentle. The congratulations die cut (SSS) was cut from white paper and covered with liquid gold leaf but when I added it to the card, it looked kind of strange as the texture from the background made it look lumpy. So I cut some more layers from pink cardstock and made it a layered die cut.

The butterflies (Memory Box) were also cut from white cardstock and gilded. They don’t have a solid layer so I hand cut the pink layer; I glued it down first then cut it. To finish it off I added a few Swarovski crystals. If you buy the small flat ones in a gross (144) they aren’t that expensive! Try Artbeads.com or Fire Mountain Beads. I love the gold and soft pink together. The overall look seems like rose gold to me!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: