July 14, 2016

Punny Get Well Card

I am always searching for good get well sets that can be used for teenaged or adult guys. For ladies, a nice floral card will always work but not so much for guys. Yeah, you can always use an outdoor theme like a light house or trees but those seem too serious for me which isn’t always needed. So I was super excited to find this great set with some very funny sayings by Hampton Arts!

get well recovered

In case you can’t read it, the type is pretty small, the sentiment says “Hope you’ll soon be fully re-covered!” Those hospital gowns are the worst aren’t they? I stamped the image with Archival ink on watercolour paper and used my professional watercolour paints (various manufacturers) to paint him. I added some stubble with a very tiny Micron pen. If you look closely, you’ll see that he has a tan line on his butt and his legs. Too many hours on that riding mover wearing only shorts! Can’t you just see him on a mower with a beer in one hand?? The painting looks a bit washed out but when I tried to edit it, the cardstock colours became too strong.

I used a colour combo from a challenge blog but I’m sure the entry is now closed. The layout was the result of finding a gatefold card in my scraps bag when I was looking for a half sheet for the card base. So I figured, why not? The medication die cuts are by Marianne. I used a Frantic Stamper die to make the little half circle tab to help keep my card closed. But I just realized now that since I’m not used to making gatefold cards, there is the distinct possibility that I glued the pill bottle to the card as well as to the main panel which will of course mean it’s glued shut! ARGH!!! {I’m actually laughing at myself right now!!}

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: