July 16, 2016

I Am Here for You

A few weeks ago, one of my favourite bloggers, Yana Smakula, posted about her favourite ‘formula’ for making cards. I highly recommend you take a look here. It’s a great post!

yana style here for you

I followed her formula to make this card for the current Sketch for Crazy 4 Challenges. I’ve always loved sketch challenges; there are so many ways to look at them and everyone comes up with such unique ideas! I started with a wood grain cardstock (SSS) and then die cut a doily-ish shape with Majestic Circles (Spellbinders) using gold Mirri cardstock. Once I decided on the placement of the doily, I sponged on Harvest Gold ink (PTI) so it would tint the card in and around the focal point. Then I flicked on diluted Dusk ink (Altenew) on the card base with a paintbrush.

yana style here for you2

The rose (PTI) was stamped with the teal inks (Altenew) for a layered look. The leaves were stamped with green inks (PTI) and the branch (Casual Fridays) was stamped with green inks (Altenew) then all were die cut. The sentiment (Altenew) was embossed in white on black cardstock. Last I assembled the card and added some sequins (Lucy’s Little Things). In the second photo you can see how pretty the gold cardstock looks. It even looks like real metal!

C4C345

Can you play with our challenge this week? We would love to have you join us! Everyone is welcome using any supplies in any style!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: