May 29, 2016

Life Is Better in the Summer Canvas

I am quite honestly addicted to summer. It improves my mood, makes my skin nicer and most of my aches and pains disappear (though it’s taking a while this year so far). Yeah for SUMMER!!

life is better in the summer canvas1

To honour summer, I was inspired to make this canvas. I have a wall at the front of my house near the door where I put seasonal décor, changing it each new season. This will go up on my wall soon or maybe now since I love it so much! I started with a basic dollar store canvas, nothing fancy, it was stapled on the edges and not the back but that was ok for this project. I covered it in heavy acrylic paint in titan buff. Then I dry brushed on some metallic gold paint on the sides and edges of the front.

life is better in the summer canvas2

Next I added some light modeling paste using a coral stencil. I allowed it to dry then replaced the stencil and air brushed some peach Copic marker. Then I decided I needed some more texture so I randomly and messily applied some glass bead gel. If you want to use this, be warned that it takes a long time to dry if you apply it too thickly. I pieced some Kaisercraft papers adding some coloured modeling paste using a gorgeous ocean-themed poem stencil (both by Red Lead Paperworks).

life is better in the summer canvas3

The papers were both sponged on the edges with matching Distress inks and I popped them up with a foam layer. I usually adhere my papers with gel medium so this was a new things for me. Next it was time to add some fabulous embellies!

life is better in the summer canvas5

The tag and oval pieces were from the back of the Kaisercraft paper pad. Dreams was die cut using a SSS die. The sea grass is a Frantic Stamper die cut from Kraft cardstock.  Some assorted shell chips, beach glass and sand was added across the bottom. A few other embellies and some real fish net rounded out the canvas!

life is better in the summer canvas6

I think I’ll add a knotted string of beads to hang this from. I have a TON of ocean themed charms and beads that will match the colours in this canvas! Fabulous right?

Enjoy, Rebecca

Entered in: Simon Says Stamp Monday – Make a Wish. I wish I could live at the beach, liKe so bad! Global Design Project #37 MFT Colour Challenge

GDP037

MFT_ColorChallenge_PaintBook_46

No comments: