April 30, 2016

Bird and Roses Card

This is my last week as hostess for Crazy 4 Challenges. This week I chose a lovely colour combo for spring for our challenge.

bird n roses

I used Altenew inks with their Vintage Roses for the roses and PTI inks for the leaves. The bird was stamped with Hawaiian Shores and vintage jadeite. I added some marker for the eye. The bird stamps, designer paper and banner die are all PTI. The oval die cut is by Spellbinders. I find you get the best results for layering stamps by using a MISTI tool. I got these layers dead on by aligning the layers carefully while getting down almost at table height to check the placement and looking at the placement from all sides. I know that seems excessive but that’s the best way to get it right. I stamped quite a few at once so now I have a stash. Even though it’s a bit tough getting it that perfect, it’s worth it in the long run!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: