February 08, 2016

Watercolour Floral Inspiration Challenge

Papertrey Ink is having their 9th Anniversary Celebration. They challenged us to make a card based on a piece of clothing.

larkspur ty

I chose a skirt I sewed for myself years ago. I’ve always loved the colours and the big, bright pattern. I didn’t have a lily stamp so I used this larkspur stamp (PTI). I stamped in a pale yellow ink then watercoloured it with shell pink paint (Daniel Smith). I only painted two or three petals at a time to make sure the paint didn’t run together making a big blob. When the first petals were dry, I went back in and painted the rest. After that, I added the brighter pink paint shading in each petal (and green paint-Gansai Tambi). Do you think it looks good? I’m really proud of it.

lily skirt

Sorry about all the wrinkles, this skirt doesn’t fit me right now so it’s been jammed in my closet for a few years. The card colours are  bit closer to the skirt IRL. The patterned papers are Pink Paisley, sentiment by Echo Park, the watercolour paper W&N and the base papers are blush and berry sorbet (PTI). Can’t remmeber who made the music stamp.

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: