January 20, 2016

Lasting Hearts Card Drive

This card drive is close to my heart. It provides a handmade card and a book to moms who have lost babies to miscarriage. Two of my friends have lost babies and when they speak about it, there is so much sadness in their voices.

lasting hearts1

I can’t even imagine what it must be like to lose a baby; so glad I don’t know. But I love my kids so much that I really empathize with these moms. It made me happy to be able to help by making some cards for this wonderful cause. Flat cards are easier to mail and less likely to get damaged so I designed them without bling or foam tape. Using gold ink helped add some elegance and shine without 3-D embellishments. With the help of my MISTI, these cards were quick and easy to make.

lasting hearts2

If you haven’t made any yet, feel free to CASE my designs if you like. It shouldn’t be too hard to come up with a few sizes of heart stamps or a couple of heart die cuts. Any sentiment that isn’t overly religious seems to be ok; something like Hugs, Praying for You, Thinking of You, In My Thoughts, Sorry for Your Loss. The insides can be blank or you can add a simple message like mine or ‘Sending lots of prayers from {your name} in {your city}’. I simply wrote, “So sorry for your loss. Best wishes, Rebecca Ednie, Toronto ON CAN”.  (I live an hour north east of Toronto but this seemed simpler since people are more likely to know where it is.) If you include an envelope, please send it unsealed but they aren’t required.

You can mail them to:

Lasting Hearts Card Drive
2892 N Bellflower Blvd Ste 216
Long Beach, CA 90815

If you send by 2.29.16 you can be entered in draw for $100 in Hero Arts Products. Just add a sticky note with your name and email in with your cards. For more info or to make a donation, check out this post by Jennifer McGuire or check out the Lasting Hearts Facebook page. If you chose to send a card, you can also make a donation in a way. Sandy Allnock has pledged $1 per person who leaves a comment on her blog saying they will send a card up to $300!! So make sure to comment http://sandyallnock.com/lasting-hearts-card-drive/?utm_source=Subscribers&utm_campaign=03bd0b1759-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e84d5c7a22-03bd0b1759-73840473&mc_cid=03bd0b1759&mc_eid=78c626fb57 if you are sending a card!!

Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Thinking of you-Hero Arts, scripture, Tons of Hearts, dot background-SSS
Ink: Archival black, gold Brilliance, Angel pink Memento, blush-PTI
Paper: white CS-Georgia Pacific, pale pink CS-blush PTI, brighter pink CS, banana CS-Pretty in pink-SU!
Accessories: heart dies-PTI, washi-stash

No comments: