September 21, 2015

Pumpkin Treat Box

Hello and I’m glad you are joining me for another week at The Shabby Tea Room! This week, we had a yummy inspiration photo.

tstr damask pumpkin favour

I don’t celebrate Halloween so I made some fall decor instead. I plan to put coffee beans and a faux tea light in there. I took the colours from the photo and decided to use the black plus white and one other colour scheme. I just substituted ivory for the white and dark red for the yellow/orange combo. The cute little treat box is from The Cutting Cafe who is our sponsor this week. It was a breeze to print out and construct; I highly recommend you check them out!

ca tstr 261

So, I kinda wish I could have a do over on the glass glitter I added to the burgundy roses. I was a bit too much for such small flowers and while I scraped a lot of excess away, I still regret it. But it wasn’t bad enough to bother wasting the flowers and starting again especially since I attached them with E6000 glue! It’s a fabulous glue for bulky 3-D items but no way are those coming off with out major tearing.

I do hope you will play with us this week! We have fabulous prizes for the top winners. Be sure to visit the blog to see the FABULOUS creations by our awesomely talented designers and leave em some love!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
damask-Gel-a-Tins
Ink: Archival black-Ranger, Peeled Paint Distress
Paper: vanilla, celery CS-SU!, black CS-PTI
Accessories: roses- Really Reasonable Ribbon, lace-stash (from my wedding favours from almost 18 years ago!), silver gel pen-Pentel, leaf die-Spellbinders, sequins-Theresa Collins and Ellen Hutson, Glass Glitter- Recollections, Art Institute, Glitter Ritz

3 comments:

Lucine said...

Love your pumpkin! Really nicely made. I do not celebrate Halloween, but I like the creativity around this festival. And you did a great job on this. I like how you stepped out of the box and made a white and black pumpkin instead of using the colour orange. I took a peek at The Shabby Tea Room; nosey as I am i thought it was your craft room...lol. The flowers are adorable and like the touch of green from the leaves. Lucine for the Blog Hop - September Round-up! @ swap-bot.com.

Lucine said...

Love your pumpkin! Really nicely made. I do not celebrate Halloween, but I like the creativity around this festival. And you did a great job on this. I like how you stepped out of the box and made a white and black pumpkin instead of using the colour orange. I took a peek at The Shabby Tea Room; nosey as I am i thought it was your craft room...lol. The flowers are adorable and like the touch of green from the leaves. Lucine for the Blog Hop - September Round-up! @ swap-bot.com.

Unknown said...

I love your pumpkin. I like seeing fall decor thats not the typical orange. It's creative and pretty and says you don't need to be traditional. I love the idea of a tea light and coffee beans. I like to carve pumpkins myself. Not specifically for Halloween, but because I find it fun. I usually grab an extra pumpkin when I go to get some to make pies (We LOVE pumpkin pie in this house.) and I smear cinnamon on the inside so the candle ends up spreading a pumpkin pie smell across my front porch. Yum. - mermaidery @swapbot - blog hop sept.