December 11, 2014

Sparkle and Shine Snowflake Shaker Card

Whew! That’s quite the title huh?

snowflake shaker card

I recently watched a video by Jennifer McGuire about making a shaker card with a sponged background. I decided to CASE her idea.

snowflake shaker card closeup

I used extra thick foam underneath so I’d have lots of room for shaker goodies. I always overfill so I gave myself some more room. There’s clear, white and a few silver sequins, microbeads and tinsel glitter. I also tossed in a silver embossed snowflake die cut I made for another project and didn’t use. My silver embossed sentiment didn’t show up too well against the shimmery background, should have used white, so I shadowed the letters with a dark grey Copic marker.

I’ve made this for a few challenges: Mojo Monday 375 and the JUGS challenge #270 “sparkle”.

Mojo375Sketch

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 3_39_53 PM

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
SSS
Ink: Versamark, Distress inks – Broken China, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves
Paper: all from SSS Dec Card Kit
Accessories: silver EP-SU!, foam sheet-Sticky Stuff Store, sequins-Pretty Pink Posh and SSS, snowflake die-large from Spellbinders, small from MFT, tinsel glitter, microbeads-MS, Copic marker, Perfect Pearls spray

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just stunning! Love that sponged background and the sweet sparkly shaker! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!