February 06, 2014

Roses Sympathy Card

A dear friend of mine’s mother died back in the Philippines and poor thing wasn’t able to go back in time for the funeral. She will be going just not right away. She displays my cards for months or longer so this one had to be a really good one!

roses sympathy

The colours aren’t quite right, a bit too yellow, but I had to make sacrifices to get the white to look white. The background colour is Soft blush which is practically the same as pink pirouette, much pinker than it looks. I shamelessly CASEd Debbie Olson so I have to give credit where credit is due. This is one of the stampy-est cards I’ve very made! It was super fun though!

Lining up these stamps takes some practice but when I got these stamps I practiced until I got it right. Then I kept the best ones in the case with the stamp set and marked the points I found easiest to look at while lining up. I marked these same points in the actual stamp too. Now I look at the stamped images I saved for a few seconds and I’m ready to go!

roses sympathy2

Choosing colours is hard too. This time I got brave and used a bright red (poppy for PTI fans, real red for SU!), berry sorbet and blush. I was surprised that it was bright but not garish. I save combos I like on the back of the same practice stamped images. I also like autumn rose with blush, stamped off once for one layer.

I pretty much copied Debbie’s card by looking at the photo so you can do the same by looking at mine! Foam dot layering is the key along with not adhering the edges so you can curl them forward slightly to give a realistic look. Thanks for visiting!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
PTI
Ink: chocolate, melon berry, chartreuse, moss-PTI, pink pirouette, real red-SU! antique linen distress
Paper: ivory, blush CS-PTI
Accessories: labels 8 Nestabilities, foam dots- Jody Morrow, silk ribbon-May Arts

No comments: