January 25, 2014

Pink and Gold Notebook for PTI Blog Hop

PTI blog hop logo

The theme this week is PINK! Yeah! I’ve been using a bit less pink as I’ve gravitated to more teal, aqua and turquoise. But my love of pink is still strong!

pink challenge PTI hop notebook

I used my love of gold (for me it’s not a trend, I’ve always preferred gold to silver) and the gold in the photo below to inspire my notebook.

untitled

Pretty isn’t it? I especially love the heart garland, I was going to use hearts, now I still wish I had. Anyway… The way it’s made is pretty obvious so I won’t bore you. Just one tip. If you don’t have enough ribbon to go around the notebook and then tie too, cut it, attach the ends near the front and back edges, then disguise the ends in some way. Use buttons, die cuts, chipboard cut outs, or in my case, a glitter strip, which is a premade product, to cover the ends.

pink challenge PTI hop notebook 2

Just a couple close-ups of the details I added. I cut these small flags by hand as I don’t have a flag die yet. The glitter in these strips is rock solid, absolutely none flakes off and it’s very thin and flexible. A wonderful product. The lace I used is a score from my local fabric chain store. so delicate and dainty I have to apply it with the tiniest line of glossy accents but it’s worth it.

pink challenge PTI hop notebook3

Another shot of this lovely lace and I promise, this text is much easier to see IRL. Not only do I need  better lighting but when I use natural lighting apparently I desperately need to find my lens hood. Ugh. When I bought my lens, I didn’t know what it did and I stashed it in my black hole of a basement. My stomach turns in knots when I think of having to find anything down there. And I really need a nice rose ink that’s darker than this one too.

Enjoy the hop! Hope to see you around here again some time!

Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Take Note-PTI
Ink: Rose shadow-Hero Arts
Paper: kraft CS-PTI, DP-MME Lavender
Accessories: circle dies-PTI, notebook-PTI, lace-FabricLand, glitter tape-Darice, foam tape-Jody Morrow

4 comments:

Crafty Kate said...

The gold is PERFECT on this project! :)

Susan said...

Beautiful notepad Rebecca! I love your little flags, the lace and the papers you used. You made something that is utilitarian into something beautiful!

Keri said...

Love this! The colors are great and this would make a great gift too. :)

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Gorgeous! And love the lace accent.