November 02, 2013

Crystal Blue Persuasion Necklace and Earrings

Since the Monday (shabby and grungy) SSS challenge blog with the theme of anything goes said we were welcome to enter jewellery, I decided to enter a set I made a couple weeks ago.

crystal blue persuasion necklace

I made it hoping to get on a design team but turns out they only accept US residents. I even have a US addy I can use but unfortunately, the reason is for speed of delivery and that’s something I can’t offer at that address. I had won a prize of beads from this same company so I used mostly their beads to make this. All the pearls are from ZnetShows.

The crystals are Swarovski, though Znet also has amazing crystals, and the lampwork bead is one I fell in love with years ago when I bought it but it’s not just an bead and I hadn’t found the right home for it until I made this necklace.

crystal blue persuasion earrings

I’m afraid my loops aren’t quite perfect on these earrings though what looks like a lot in a close up photo is probably only a mm or 2 IRL. I made my own earwires for the first time and I was pretty proud.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE (as above) plus silver head pins, silver lobster clasp, rhinestone rondelles-Ebay, Beadsmith 19 strand wire, extender chain

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Rebecca, these are treasures! Such a beautiful necklace and earring set! Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. I really enjoyed seeing your work and I hope to see you next week too! ~Michelle