October 24, 2013

A Tweet Thank You

This is the card I made after the ghost stamping didn’t work. It’s much better than my first try which is hiding under the top panel. I’m thrifty like that!

tweet thank you

I love how Hero Arts pale tomato ink looks on kraft CS. It’s hard to find a soft red that doesn’t look pink. I love it when I find papers and a design that look good as a guy card and I didn’t even struggle with the design! In fact, this was a rare time when I had an idea in mind BEFORE I started to stamp AND the card ended up like I envisioned. So many designers can just dream up card while they are somewhere else, then sketch or make notes and come home and make it.

Not me! I usually start with a reason for the card (like an occasion or person it’s for) and/or some kind of challenge, pull supplies that might work and see what inspires me from there. I wish I could dream up cards in my time spent waiting or when I’m watching the kids and can’t get to my craft room! How do you design your cards?

I’m always teasing Kristina Werner by commenting on her cards that it wouldn’t be a ‘Kristina’ card without her signature dash lines on it. Once I got this card completed, it looked unfinished without anything to separate the top layer from the matching colour card base. I was going to sponge the edges like I usually do but it just didn’t seem to suit the style. So I added some dash lines and I quite like how they look on this style of card.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Giving Thanks-SSS
Ink: Pale tomato, cup o joe, green fields-HA, summer sunrise-PTI, Paper: Lawn Fawn DP, kraft CS-PTI
Accessories: may arts twine, frayed burlap Distress marker

No comments: