August 25, 2013

SAF Custom Accents from the Oven–Star Key Chain

For this one, I was kind of stumped, I’m not a huge fan of skrink plastic. So I made a key chain for my son, it coordinates with a project I will show later (but made first) for the glitter challenge.

SAF13 oven baked bellies

I cut the shapes with my die cutter and coloured them with Copic markers using my air brush system for smooth colouring. Colouring them before heating also keeps them from being sticky and gives you more intense colour. Maybe too intense. R59 turned so dark red that it looked brown and I had to do it over again!  I mounted it on a tag to give it to my son. He thinks I’m making it for his baby sitter, too funny!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE: dies, poppy cardstock-PT, Copic markers and airbrush system, gold craft wire (to make jump rings), twine-Divine twine,

No comments: