July 29, 2013

Girlie Celebrate Card

I needed a card for a 14 year old who was baptized recently and to be honest, it isn’t a niche I cater to in my stash. I have tons of girlie stuff but more for younger girls and women. I have more for teen boys since I have boys myself! I could have gone for flowers or something shabby or vintage of course but that wouldn’t have been as special or personalized.

alexis celebrate card

I had some of this funky Upcycle paper by Cosmo Cricket. Perfect for a teenaged girl. Amazing that I recently bought some washi tape that matched so well I could hardly tell it was added on once I added it and I found some rectangular rhinestones that were too unusual for my shabby or vintage projects but perfect for this funky card. The people stickers came from the paper pack I bought and were de-sticker-ified with baby powder in the areas not touching the vellum. I made the button by adding paper to the back of a clear button with Glossy Accents.

I used a sketch for this card but sadly I forgot to post it in time (as usual) so no point in bothering to show the sketch. I hate when I do that! I think it was a Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
WMS
Ink: Versamark
Paper: chartreuse-PTI, vellum-stash, DP-Cosmo Cricket, going grey CS-SU!
Accessories: oval dies-Spellbinders, foam dots-Jody Morrow, silver EP, clear button-SU!, Glossy Accents-Ranger, stickers-Cosmo Cricket, edger die-PTI, washi tape-??

No comments: