December 03, 2012

Sweetly Pink Baby Girl Card

Could a baby girl card be more girly? It looks much nicer IRL; it was very hard to photograph and edit.

kaiserc baby die script

The swirly baby die cut is from Joan’s Gardens. To be honest, I forget which company makes it right now. My guess would be Marianne. The diaper pin comes with it. I don’t emboss my die cuts a lot but this one definitely benefits from the detail embossing adds. Again, much more obvious IRL. The triple layered flower is from my girlfriend, thanks Bec!

I am entering this in the Simon Says Stamp ‘anything goes’ challenge.

I wanted to layer the die cut over the pink paper but they were too similar and the word didn’t show up. So I tried layering pink vellum, one was too bright and one was the wrong shade. UGH. The white let too much of the pink show through. So I used two layers. I was careful to only use adhesive under the die cut and pearls to prevent the adhesive showing through.

Here’s an example of how bad my memory is. I made this card mid month for SFYTT. I just realised it now, Dec 1st! I internally gasped as I thought I had missed entering a card for November. I just checked and realized that I made another card for SFYTT for November! So not only did I forget I made this card and make another for the challenge, but I linked up that card and then forgot that just now as I am typing this! Seriously???? At least I still have a chance to finish out the year! But it ends early so if you are playing, be sure to get your card linked up by midnight Dec 24. So sad it will be the last SFYTT ever. Sad smile

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper:
white CS-TE, DP-Kaisercraft, vellum-stash
Accessories: baby dies-Marianne (?), scallop die-PTI, pearls-Dollarama, circle die-Nestabilities, heart button-stash

1 comment:

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is such a treasure Rebecca.