December 09, 2012

Happy 15th Anniversary Honey!

A couple weeks ago was my 15th anniversary! I was a bit late making an anniversary card for hubby, we aren’t that particular about the date anyhow.

TandR mojo ann card

Friends had us over for an anniversary dinner two weeks before the actual date, we went out for dinner and to see War Horse one week before the date and I was at a shower for my sister on the actual date. He gave me a card on the date so who was I to end the festivities by giving my card on time? I stretched everything out by giving him his card a week late! The actual date was November 15th but you could stretch it even further by leaving us congrats in the comments, pretty please!

TandR mojo ann card2

Back to the card. I used this week’s Mojo sketch which was a really nice one. Instead of three hearts, I added our initials to the heart. I think it’s ok to add hearts to a card for a guy if and only if it’s a love card. Some bloggers I follow add way too much girlie stuff to guy cards. For me, this is the absolute limit. There’s already scallops, a label shape, a flourish and rickrack for Pete’s sake! But there’s also serious stripes (strong colours, all the same size, none are little dots or dashes etc), distresses and torn edges, newsprint, non-girlie fonts and distressing. No bows, no glitter (unless it’s a winter card), no rhinestones, no ribbon unless it’s flat or tied in a knot,very sturdy and not frilly like grosgrain or corduroy. Ooh, or strips of suede or leather. Cool!

Mojo270Sketch

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
flourish-PTI, sentiment-PTI
Ink: frayed burlap, Antique Linen Distress, chocolate-PTI
Paper: smokey shadow, Ocean Tides CS-PTI, vanilla-stash, dp-MME
Accessories: Scrabble letters-, ampersand sticker-October Afternoon, rickrack, scallops die-PTI, heart die-Sizzix, labels 8 Nesties die

No comments: