November 16, 2012

Ocean Themed 250 ct Diorama MB

I love the ocean so it was a natural choice for my diorama matchbox!

ocean 250 mb

I used a scallop die to make the waves. The sand is stamped with kraft ink then stamped again with a glue pad and gold glitter was added. The fish ‘bubbles’ are Dew Drops and the water is glittered along the edge and blinged with rhinestones. The sea bird dangles from a piece of rickrack.

ocean 250 mb drawer

The cover features pieces I cut from a Graphic 45 paper pad. Along with a die cut doily and some cool bling! In case you are familiar with a normal 250 ct MB, yes, this is much thinner. I specified that the box be thinner so it would cost less to mail. So it is only 1/2” high. Since I was sending it all the way to Australia, I’m glad I made it thinner! $4.85 vs closer to $10!

ocean 250 mb cover

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
crab, post-Shore Treasures CDS, bird-Seashore Crafty Secrets, sand-SU!
Ink: Memento black, kraft, chocolate-PTI, Versamark
Paper: Aqua Mist, Kraft, Hawaiian Shores-PTI, white CS (clouds)-Taylored Expressions, x-Press It white CS, vintage typing paper (doily)
Accessories: cloud, scallop, doily die-PTI, fish button, gold swirl-Jesse James, Dew Drops, rhinestones-stash, coloured glitter-Art Institute, white glitter-SU!, foam dots-Jody Morrow, bling strip-Recollections, vintage lace, May Arts ribbon, rickrack-stash

No comments: