November 11, 2012

Curiosities Slider Box Hostess Gift for Unscripted Sketches

Before I talk about -my project, can I just give a shout out to the gals at Unscripted Sketches? Not this Saturday but last, I got the Top Three award for the 4th time! I love you guys, thanks so much!

curiosities slider box 1

I have decided to try and always take a hostess gift when I am invited somewhere. Someone brought me one a few years back and I thought it was the nicest thing! It was just a bar of goat’s milk soap in a pretty wrap but it obviously made an impression! So I made this when I was invited out to a friend’s house for my 15th Anniversary celebration!

curiosities slider box 2

You can find the instructions at Splitcoast Stampers under Slider Box. It was actually pretty easy but read my comment underneath if you decide to try and make one. I added some important tips. When you pull on the drawer, the tag at the top pops up. It is a really fun surprise for the recipient! Everyone will think you are a paper goddess!

curiosities slider box 3

It would make a great gift box for jewellery or a gift card but I added some candies. Nice for a hostess gift.

curiosities slider box 4

And here is what it looks like closed. Just a regular old box… NOT! SmileI used this week’s Unscripted Sketch to make this. I really enjoy their sketches. Click on the sketch to visit the blog post.

unscrSK184

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Home Made-PTI
Paper: black CS-SU!, Curiosity Shoppe DP-Graphic 45
Ink: Vintage photo Distress
Accessories: foam dots-Joy Morrow, rhinestones-Kaisercraft, gold ribbon-Offray, striped ribbon-May Arts, gold paint pen-Krylon, Tim Holtz hitch fastener

5 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What a great idea for a little take-along ... love how you used the sketch design ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

Gabby said...

Saw your LOVELY box in the USSC#184gallery. I like the papers and embellishments you chose. Where can I find instructions for this box? It is sooo cool that when you open it, the greeting pops up. I'd like to try to make one for several people for the holidays. Thanks for emailing me back to let me know. :)

dstandard said...

What a fabulous idea for a gift box! Thanks for playing at US!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is super cute....such a great idea...hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Geri said...

I don't think you're a paper goddess....I KNOW that you're a paper goddess! You have an amazing eye for design, composition, paper selection and pay great attention to all the small details of your projects. Another beauty! Thank you so much for supporting our weekly challenges at Unscripted Sketches :)