September 30, 2012

Last Minute! September SFYTT–Funky Thank You

My sister’s best friend and her family had an engagement party (yes, another one) for her last night and I wanted to make a thank you card. Since I needed to get my butt in gear and make a card for SFYTT for this month, I combined them! I try not to wait to make thank you cards or I forget to send them.

sfytt sept funky

This one is for my sister’s friend. I’ll be blogging the one for her mom and dad shortly. This sketch has lots of possibilities, I went C&S for this but there are lots of fun things I could do shabby chic-ish.

sfytt sept funky2

To add a bit of character, I pierced the vellum panels. My husband just asked me why my ‘fabric is so blurry’. Uh, that’s vellum on paper dear… gee whiz, that’s a man for ya! I explained I used the vellum panels because I didn’t have another paper I liked that matched. He still isn’t convinced.

sfytt sept2012sketch

Click on the sketch to visit the challenge blog.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper:
DP-Basic Grey Offbeat, black, orange CS-SU!, vellum-stash
Accessories: Piecing guide-SU!, alpha dies-Quickutz

3 comments:

Katrina Alana said...

Lovely thank you card. (follow me 6 Katrina Alana)

Katrina Alana said...

I'm sure your sister's best friend and her family will feel the love with this handmade thank you card. (Follow me #6 Katrina Alana)

Janel said...

They are beautiful! Shabby chic is one of my favorite styles!

janelwashere - Follow Me #6