February 03, 2012

Nautical Thanks

I was almost killed in a car accident last Friday. Some distracted moron drifted over the center line into my lane. Fortunately, I had a lane to my right so I swerved to avoid him and he continued drifting into that lane too! Took off my mirror! I was so worried I’d have to pay for it because he left the scene. But amazingly, another driver following behind the drifting moron followed him and so he finally returned! I was so grateful to the nice guy who followed and came back to be a witness that I made him this thank you card. I’m going to bake him something too.

nautical thanks justrite

It was hard to decide what type of card to make. I have car, travel, beach, robot, monster, office, nature, animal and a few other themed stamps appropriate for a guy. Other than knowing he is a teacher at my son’s school though, I have no idea what he likes. So I just went for this, I figured it was generic enough. I wish there was a guy equivalent to flowers for girls'; appropriate for anyone.

The knot tutorial came from Bar at Paper Pursuits, sorry I don’t have the link right now as it’s on my iPhone. It’s called a sailor’s knot so you can probably search her blog for it. I used the CPS sketch below. Click on it to link to the challenge.

CPSSketch150

Incidentally, the cops charged the guy who hit me and I didn’t have to pay the deductible because he was at fault. Whew! I was so scared and my 7 week old baby was with me. When the mirror was knocked off, it didn’t even make the van shake so we were OK. But I started shaking considering that if it weren't for my quick swerving, we could easily be dead. It is so strange and scary to see a huge SUV heading straight for you!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
lighthouse-JustRite, sentiment-PTI (Out on a Limb Sentiments)
Ink: Memento black, night of navy, real red-SU!
Paper: white CS-X-Press It, saffron, night of navy, real red-SU!, DP-October Afternoon (Seaside)
Accessories: twine-May Arts, ribbon-SU!, oval Nesties, pinking shears, Copics YR31, Y21,23, B41, W00,1,3,5,7, C7, 100, R24,27,59, BG72,75, brads-stash, Sizzix embossing folder border, foam dots-Jody Morrow, square punch-SU! (end of banner)

1 comment:

Maria said...

Wow! Am so thankful you escaped without injury! How scary it must have been and having child with you also! I happened upon your blog from the Shabby Tea Room. I saw your chocolate bar card. So lovely and yummy! A great idea! Take care and have a wonderful week, hugs!!:-))