October 01, 2011

Super Simple Card Gift Set for World Card Making Day

This should be an awesome, stamping-filled, paper-loving card making day. Sadly, I have recently learned that a sweet friend of mine has been diagnosed with Stage 4 bone cancer. She isn’t a super close friend but I am still really upset. OK, part of that is because I am pregnant, maybe I am just more likely to cry, I imagine I’d still feel as upset no matter what. I am planning a gift basket for her (Becca, if you already did your own, no prob, I will either do my own or if not, I will include this in it) and figured she’ll need a bunch of thank you cards in the coming months. So instead of rockin’ a few online challenges, I decided to make this set.

ds card set in box

It is a set of 8 cards all the same, just different colours of card bases. They are all stamped with a background stamp in the same colour as the base. The branch is done with PTI Out on a Limb which was stamped twice, once in full and once below just partially.  Ditto with the matching flower image. This was very quick to do! I added the leaves individually, coloured with a Copic and hand drew in the flower centers. It took a lot less time than you might think!

ds card set closeup in box

I wanted glitter along the top edge of the main panel but glitter is so messy so I used Scor-Tape and glittered EP. The butterflies are only adhered in the middles so the wings can be lifted if she is giving them in person. The mail will just squish them back down of course!

ds card set all

Here are all the colours I used. They look good together right? I deliberately chose them so they would look good as a set and still all go with the flower and butterfly colours. I wish I’d had something more formal than the twine at the bottom but I don’t have much ribbon in white that I liked that was also in sufficient quantity for 8 cards. Sheer white with a gold edge would have been nice. Oh, well.

ds card set closeup

I got a new macro lens. I am thrilled with it! I went to a larger camera store than the one near my house and they had several lenses that were lower priced than the ones stocked locally! Yeah! I entered expecting to pay $649 and left with a lens for $449! WooHoo!! I love that you can actually see the sparkle of the glitter!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Out on a Limb and OOAL sents-PTI, background-SU!
Ink: rose red, regal rose, banana, celery, artichoke, amethyst, eggplant, cocoa, brocade blue, pink pirouette-SU!
Paper: natural white CS-PTI, rose red, regal rose, banana, celery, amethyst, eggplant, cocoa, brocade blue CS-SU!
Accessories: pearls-Dollarama, twine-PTI, iridescent ice EP-SU!, butterfly punch-MS, Scor-Tape 1/8”, white taffeta ribbon-SU!, card box-Clear Boxes of Canada

No comments: