September 20, 2011

Back to School Cards

I can’t believe my little one is already in school. He’s only 4, still says his ‘L’s like ‘Y’s, as in yunch instead of lunch, and still seems like a baby in some ways. One of my favourite things he said was when he talked about the 'yady in the yine’ at a store. So cute!

He was totally fine on the first day of school, so confident, never looked back! I did OK, I made it through the drop off, stayed to help the teacher with a kid who was practically hysterical after her mother left (the teacher was directing parents to their kid’s teachers so was busy) and made it to the car before I started to cry. Even then it wasn’t too bad. I think it is because he really isn’t my youngest child anymore. When the baby I’m pregnant with goes to school, that will be really hard.

Anyway, I made the kids each a card for the first day of school. I also made the older one a bookmark. Apparently I did OK, this one was a hit. Hard to make something cool for a 10 year old boy!

back to school 2011 Jameson

I cut apart the sentiment that said Hope your Birthday Rocks and removed the ‘birth’. Then I wrote in ‘first’ with and embossing ink pen. The embossing is a cool colour called Medieval Metals. It is a mix of gold, bronze, copper and silver. Very masculine. The star is made from a coaster cut with a Sizzix die which is also covered in the same EP. The main image is black embossed. I sure gave my heat gun a workout on this card.

back to school 2011 spencer

This card is for the little one. He doesn’t really care much about what I make him and he will probably trash it first chance he gets so I didn’t spend too much time on it. The image was coloured with Copics and raised up on foam dots. Except the little lines joining the balloon and basket. They were stamped on the background. I threaded the buttons with Divine Twine. The right one looks like plain white twine but it is really yellow twist.

back to school 2011 bookmark

I know, why on earth did I photograph a black bookmark on a black background? Even brunettes have blonde moments is my only excuse! I had placed the bookmark on the back of the matching card and just photographed it there. This time I used silver EP since the bookmark will usually not be near the card. I used the rock n roll technique for the coloured area on the guitar. The neck of the guitar was coloured with Copics and I darkened the middle with a Copic multiliner. It is a very simple design, just a folded over piece of CS, like a long, skinny card. Inside, on each side, are magnets to help the bookmark stay in the book.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
ROCK Card and Bookmark
Stamps:
Taylored Expressions
Ink: Versamark, not quite navy, banana, orange, red-SU!, embossing pen
Paper: black, white CS-SU!, DP-Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend
Accessories: foam dots- Jody Morrow, Sizzix die, coaster board, ticket corner punch-SU!, Copic R29, C5, Black, silver EP-SU!, Medieval Metals-Sweet Stamps, magnet tape-Michaels

BALLOON Card
Stamps:
Taylored Expressions
Ink: Memento black
Paper: red CS-CDS, blue CS-SU!, white CS-X-Press It
Accessories: foam dots-Jody Morrow, EK Success punch, buttons-stash, Divine Twine, Copics (sorry, I forget the numbers especially since I rarely use these bright colours)

1 comment:

kathy s said...

cute cards Rebecca and it's more preggy brain than a blonde moment