September 21, 2010

Taylored Expressions Blast From The Past Blog Hop–the Beach!

TE blast blog hop

Welcome to another TE Blog Hop. This is my third, you can see my other projects here Blast from the Past 1 and here Blast from the Past 2.

TE blog hop beach

I love the paper from Imaginisce and the stamps from the Hanging Out: Beach set! I finally remembered to use the sketch specially designed for the hop! I wasn’t sure at first because I had planned to do a ‘scene’ much like last month’s card but I don’t want to seem to be a one trick pony (hee hee) so I changed my plan and came up with this. Still a bit of a ‘scene’ with the tree and lanterns but not a full scene.

I hand cut the scalloped border and the waves that overlap the striped paper. I used a TON of foam dots. The top of the tree is up on 3, the middle and left side on 2 and the bottom on 1. The little punch out on the sign is on 1, the middle lantern is on two and the other lantern is on 1 too. SO many I am classifying this as a 3-D project!!

I hope you enjoyed my project and will come back for more! I have subscription thingies on my sidebar! Now, off you go to check out the rest of the hop!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
TE, Hangin’ Out at the Beach
Paper: Bazzil aqua CS, Imaginisce DP, White CS-PTI, kraft CS-SU!
Ink: night of navy, celery, cocoa, baha-SU!, Antique Linen, Worn Lipstick Distress Inks,
Accessories: Foam dots-Jody Morrow, twine-PTI, 1/2” SU! circle punch, Copics R20, YG11,63,67, E35.37,47, G94

16 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is very cute!! Love the fun flip-flop paper!! Great job!

♥♥♥Lea

Taylor said...

Such a fun card, Rebecca! I love how you made the sketch work for your fabulous scene!

Cassie said...

How beautiful, and what great coloring, Rebecca ;D

Julia Aston said...

Love your design on this! the tree and lanterns look super around the oval sentiment!

Punkydoodle Papers said...

I absolutely love this! What a perfect card for the end of summer!

Unknown said...

What a fun card with the Hangin out set--- those are some of my favorite beach papers!!

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a fun and fabulous summer card!!!! The flip flops along the side are just tooo cute and how cool to add the palm tree!!!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I am digging the fun tiki laterns!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Tracy said...

Rebecca this is SUPER cute!!! I love this paper from Imaginisce. You rocked the sketch with this stamp set too. Fanastic!

Hugs,
Tracy

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Rebecca! That flip flop paper is SO fun!!

Ashley Newell said...

How CUTE is that?? This is such a fun summer card!

Regina Mangum said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love that set and you are so creative!

FibreJunky said...

Awesome summer/beachy card! It reminds me of Florida and Hawaii.

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

What a fun card! It's perfect for a goodbye to summer!

Chris L.

Natalie said...

Ahhh!! That is so fun!! Super cute card!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oooh, what a fun card!! Love how you have the sandal paper on the side and how you have your palm tree with the hanging lanterns. Makes me long for the beach!