July 18, 2010

Easter Lily for Doodle Pantry

ANNOUNCEMENT: Doodle Pantry is going to be releasing digi images twice a month! Look for a new set of digis on the 20th at Clearly Delightful!

First of all, let me apologize for being ridiculously absent here lately. Not only is it summer but for a while there I over-obligated myself with swaps, design team work and of course, we can’t forget about the family! I was working my buns off creating several projects every night so after, my creativity was so long gone and I was hard pressed to stay awake, never mind write blog posts. At least I have TONS to show you as I have taken pictures of virtually everything!

I love this lily, do you remember when I coloured it as a Stargazer lily here? Well, I loved it so much, I decided to colour another. This time I coloured it authentically as an Easter Lily. Or at least as authentically as they looked on Google Images! lol!

easter lily kioshi

I have to say, Basic Grey’s latest release, Kioshi, has such gorgeous colours that work perfectly with SU! soft subtles papers, some of which are retired. But I still have them all! Including pale plum I used for the background of this card. I wish I has embossed or stamped the background but oh well, I still like it.

sfytt071710

I used Jen delMuro’s Sketch for You to Try from today! YEAH! I actually played a sketch with enough time to not only post it here but to join in the fun on her blog! I don’t know how many times lately that I have made something using a sketch or challenge only to not get it blogged in time!

It was fun turning the lower horizontal piece into a flower garland. I used the button to highlight one flower so it would stand out as the focal point shown in the sketch.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Image:
Easter Lily-Doodle Pantry
Ink: pale plum-SU!
Paper: pale and perfect plumCS-SU! white CS-Taylored Expressions, DP-Kioshi Basic Grey
Accessories: lilac flowers-stash, button-PTI, ribbon-May Arts, foam dots-Jody Morrow, oval Nestabilites, Copics

4 comments:

Coleen said...

That's just a lovely card Rebecca. I've hearted your etsy shop. Going to follow too.
Coleen
S-B, Check out my blog
http://vintageterrace2.blogspot.com/

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is such a beautiful creation! Wonderful job.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is such a beautiful creation! Wonderful job.

L.Wilson said...

Ooohh, such a pretty card! I like the color combo and the papers you chose. Also, the row of flower accents!