March 27, 2010

Whoa Nellie, that is Pink! Skipping Stones Sketch

Yep, I got my dose of pink with this card. I really didn’t start it out that way but it just sort of happened, KWIM? I really don’t start with an exact design in mind for most cards and even when I do, it can change so quickly. I started with the Skipping Stones Designs Sketch for this week and went from there.

ssd sketch pink rose
I kind of wish (and I just thought of this right now) that I had switched the DPs {{SIGH}}. The rose is lightly coloured in with Copic RV10 or 11; just enough to make it stand out. The pearls are supper cheap as they seem the same as Kaisercraft pearls but some from the dollar store (YEAH) so I was generous; especially since I thought it needed more white. For the same reason, I added white corners under the patterned ones. This isn’t my favourite card but I think it is pretty.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamp:
SU!
Ink: regal rose, rose red-SU! worn lipstick Distress
Paper: perhaps DP-Basic Grey. pretty in pink, white CS-SU!
Accessories: Copic marker, Spellbinders eyelet die, eyelet corners, foam dots-Jody Morrow, pearls-Dollarama

4 comments:

Lilofant Design said...

Nice and pink! Nice things you make!!

(Agnetha - swapbot)

Agnes Sim said...

wow..i like this too. U are bravo! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love pink!
-mariaisabel "comments on craft/design blog swap"

Jennifer McLean said...

This is quite lovely, romantic and delicate. Although it sounds like the lighter pinks are not really your style, it's always good to do some stuff that others who DO love that style can purchase. :o)
Just think of it as broadening your repertoire. It looks beautiful and I know someone will love it.