December 08, 2009

Smile for Whimsical Wednesdays

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR TWO MORE POSTS!!

This is the best I could do in less than 10 minutes. I came in late from church and DH was already ready for bed. Ooops! Gotta hurry, hurry, hurry!!! The colours reminded me of a paper pack I’ve had for ages, exactly the colours in the inspiration photo. Go to Whimsical Wednesdays to see the picture.

smile

Yep, I know, not my usual work and I apologize for that. The flower was already a very pale aqua but I darkened it with Broken China Distress ink  to match the inspiration picture better. The sticker was part of the paper pack. Even though I’m not so proud of this card, at least I got to use some white core cardstock! I love embossing and sanding which I can’t do with SU! cardstock.

I hope you will all play this week. I KNOW you can do a better job than I did! At least if you have more than than 10 minutes! Be sure to visit all the other DareDevils to see their wonderful creations!

This week we are welcoming THREE new members! One officially started last week but I missed adding her to my post! Sorry! With no further ado, lets welcome Kris Palakiko from last week and Jacquie Nordaune and Valerie Urtiaga who start this week! Please click on their names in my sidebar to visit their blogs. It would be great if you could leave ‘em some lovin’ comments! Debbie is unable to play this week. :(

Enjoy (sort of!), Rebecca

RECIPE
Ink:
Distress Broken China
Paper: DCWV
Accessories: brad-Recollections, sticker-DCWV, flower-Scrapbook Sally

9 comments:

kris said...

i'm smiling!!!! what a sweet card!! i love it with all the embossing... and that flower adds the perfect touch! wonderful take on the inspiration! hugs, Kris

Erica said...

WHOW Rebecca,,,I envy you. I'll bet you'll treasure that one for a while. And your card today is lovely. Gonna go back and check out the gift card holder. I bought 6 gift cards today, so I'd better get crackin'.

Jacqueline said...

You did great!!! The embossing and colors are perfect!! The flower is a perfect touch!! Thanks for the warm welcome!! Hugs!

Sandra MacLean said...

Rebecca, you cracked me up this morning!! You poor thing! I can't believe you still managed to put something together for today's post! I would have given up if I had to make a card in 10 minutes! Kudo's to you for still smiling girl! :)

Heather Schlatter said...

I can totally see the inspiration piece in your creation looks like we thought the same way with CB folders. I have never tried the white core card stock but I love it!!!!

Heather

Jessica Diedrich said...

Well, I think it's super cute and for 10 minutes?! Seriously that is great! Cute colors!

Darla said...

Love the swirls and the way you distressed them. Great job in 10 minutes! It's a busy time of year..I know! Hugs...

Cassie said...

you know clean and simple cards are my fav! love the card and the way you used the inspiration piece

Kim R. said...

This is a very nice card. You did a great job with it.