October 07, 2009

Frog Celebration for Whimsical Wednesdays

What a cute inspiration photo! Thanks to Nicky for this one, apparently he loves frogs. The photo is from www.cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com, THANKS to them for letting us use their yummies as inspiration.

Frog Cupcakes

I decided to go with a super simple one-layer card. Well mostly, does it count as one layer if the frog is separate and popped up? Not much time to craft tonight. Yep, I know, I should have used a Stamp Positioner to stamp the ‘celebrate’ but since I am typing this right after I made it at almost 4am I hope you will forgive me! Be sure to play along with this challenge because there is a ***PRIZE*** this week. Marie of the Greeting Farm is giving away a stamp set, Down by the Pond to one random participant.  YEAH FUN!!!

frog celebration

To enter, create a project and upload it to PCP or SCS with DDSC5 or upload to your blog. Either way, leave a comment on this week’s post with a link to your creation and be entered. Need some inspiration? Visit the DareDevils this week! We are all playing except Cassie and Debbie, Heather’s card maybe a bit late because her kiddos are sick so if you are an early riser, check back a bit later in the day.

In case you are wondering how I did the frame, I first decided what size I wanted the border, 1/2”. That leaves a ‘frame’ size of 3.25” x 4.5”. I cut that size from heavy chipboard and traced around it to create the frame with my marker. I figured if I tried to use a ruler, I’d end up smudging the bit of marker that inevitable gets on the ruler and I was also worried I’d overshoot the corners. Because I used chipboard, any excess ink from the marker would soak into the paper and with an exact corner to trace, no overshoot!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
SU!
Ink: Memento black
Paper: base-white CS SU!, frog-white CS Taylored Expressions 
Accessories: green marker-SU!, Copics, foam dots-Jody Morrow 

Seriously, this has to be the shortest supply list EVAH!

4 comments:

Sandra MacLean said...

Hahhaa! Great frog Rebecca!! Love him!

Javablustamper said...

WOW!!! SUPER cute!! I LOVE it!! That frog is AWESOME and so is your layout!! Hope you are well!! Thanks for playing along!


Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Darla said...

Hey Rebecca - I remember that SU frog from long ago. Great job bringing it back for the challeng. I like the frame too! You rocked the challenge!

Kim R. said...

This is great! I love that frog. You did a great job on the challenge.