July 14, 2009

Best Blossoms Get Well for Peggy

ETA: I meant to take photos of the bow technique but didn’t get to it. I will edit this post tomorrow with the photos. Sorry there is no Twinkling Tuesday post today. Come back and visit tomorrow; at least half of us were having trouble getting our posts up today, me included!!

I needed a get well card for a dear old friend, Peggy, who was in hospital. The kids and I went to visit her Thursday and I whipped up this card in about 25 minutes (that has to be a record!) before we left. I probably have a get well card stashed away somewhere and tons of general cards but it was more !!FUN!! to create a new one!

Pretty simple layout, the flat ribbon bow was the hardest element on the card. I always find it hard to make these and get thebest blossoms get well center perfectly centered so I tried a new technique. I only used two pieces of ribbon. Most times I have done it before I have used three, one for the straight piece across the card, one for the loops and one for the center. This time I used one piece across card AND the loops. (There is a center piece in the middle of the bow, because I added the flower, it is hard to see but if you look closely or enlarge the photo, you can see it!) First I decided where I wanted the bow, how big and how long for the tails then cut my ribbon accordingly. I folded the ribbon where I wanted the center of the bow to be. I had already determined the size of the loops so I laid down a line of glue and clamped the ribbon-see photo 1. When it was half dry, it was easy to fold the ribbon at the glue line, clamp it a bit longer then when dry, wrap another piece around it for the center. see photo 2

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
best blossoms, sincere salutations–SU!
Ink: eggplant, rose red, celery-SU!
Paper: white, regal rose, rose red, eggplant CS-SU!
Accessories: rhinestone-EK Success, crocheted flower-Rebecca Wu, foam dot-Jody Morrow, brad-stash, ribbon-SU!, rectangle Nestabilities
Technique: flat ribbon bow

No comments: