June 17, 2009

Sympathy Card for Hubby

I know, I don’t have to make a card to show my hubby that I am sorry his grandmother died and that I care. After all, I passed up going to the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Buffalo three Saturdays ago to go with him to see her in the hospital. It was the last time we saw her awake and happy so I’m very glad I went. I didn’t make a card for almost two weeks because he was too stressed to watch our very sweet but patience-trying baby for tim beach sympathy
very long (I am not a quick card maker). I supported him in every way I  could. But after all, I am a card maker and if I don’t make cards for the most important people in my life, what is the point of making cards at all???

Oh, and this rubber was new!! LOL Hee Hee! (OK, enough, this is supposed to be a very serious post about a sympathy card. Smile wiped off face…) This set is called Coastal Wished by Our Craft Lounge. I bought it specifically because I have been having trouble making guy cards for guys I don’t know well. Sure if you know what they like you can make a card that suits them but to me the beach for guys seems to be the equivalent of flowers for women. Works for everyone. I can’t think of a single woman I wouldn’t send a floral card to; I can’t think of a single guy I wouldn’t send a beach card to. Perfect! It just seems harder to get universal images for guys. If you have any other themes that fit the bill, please leave me a comment or email me to let me know!! And don’t say ties or soap-on-a-rope!! (Ooops, having fun again, back to serious!!)

This card couldn’t possibly be simpler so I have very few comments on it. First, this is two stamps, just so you know. I lined up the horizon line on my second image with the grid line on my block so I would know where to stamp so they would connect, these being rubber, not clear polymer. Second, I love watercolouring and I used watercolour paper because the washes warp normal paper. Third, this card is an unusual size. 6x3 3/4” I think. Last, I used markers to enhance the tree and tufts of grass, so much easier than trying to use a fine brush and watercolour paint. Mixed Media YEAH!!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Our Craft Lounge
Ink: Stazon brown
Paper: watercolour paper by Strathmore, ruby red and not quite navy CS-SU!
Accessories: waterolour crayons, watercolour brush, markers-all SU!
Technique: watercolour

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Sorry to hear about your husbands gma. Surely this card will cheer him up, its really pretty!