June 21, 2009

Pink Peony for Clear Dollar Stamps

This is one of 4 sympathy cards I made for family members recently. This one is for hubby Tim’s mom, it was her mom who died. Doesn’t this beautiful flower work so well for this? I enjoyed making it though I wasn’t stuck on my watercolour technique on this one. I find it hard to make very pale colours look right. Oh well. I wasn’t sure what to do for a sentiment but after thinking cdspink moss peony about it, the included sentiment worked for this particular occasion because grandma was an avid gardener. I decided to put it inside the card after all, rather than on the front but it reads, “When a flower blooms, so does hope.” Lady Bird Johnson. The button used to be vanilla from SU! but I coloured it pink with a Copic, R21 I think. I traced around the flower using the outer edge of the second largest Labels 4 Nestabilities die. Clearly it isn’t perfect but I like the result and will do it again. I wish Spellbinders would make another set or the Labels dies and Mega Rectangles including intermediate sizes like they do with rectangles, circles etc

I used my bow easy to create this cute little bow AND I threaded in the ribbon that goes across the card while making it. I don’t like just plunking a bow on top of the ribbon across the card. Because it isn’t puckered, it gives away that you ‘cheated’! Yeah, I know it isn’t really cheating, if it looks good there is no cheating, but I really like the ribbon underneath to be puckered so I throw in a second ribbon before tying; it is really easy. I hope to do a photo tutorial on it soon as well as some other bow tying and Bow Easy tips. If you are interested in a Bow Easy, visit Sharon Johnson’s blog and click on her Tools page way up high by her blog header. Super cheap and easy to use.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Peony by Clear Dollar Stamps
Ink: Stazon brown, mellow moss-SU!
Paper: Basic Grey DP, mellow moss CS, watercolour paper-Strathmore
Accessories: ribbon-Masterstroke, Button-SU!, green buttons-Basic Grey, foam dots-Jody Morrow, Labels 4 dies, mellow moss marker-SU!
Technique: watercolour

6 comments:

Erica said...

Lovely...that Nestie works perfecly with the flower. Can one ever have enough of Nesties...or flower stamps, for that matter.

Deborah Kindel said...

So delicate and beautiful.

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

What a pretty card!

Cassie said...

this is beautiful! i don't know what you think isn't "clearly perfect" --- i don't see anything out of place on this card!!! It's PERFECT!

Laurie Wilson said...

Very lovely! What a perfectly tied little bow too!

Anonymous said...

I love peonies! Lovely card!
Pam Going Postal