June 27, 2009

June Rose for Clear Dollar Stamps

Finally, I got time to make more cards! I was busy all week preparing to have 50 guests over for a potluck BBQ plus I was sick because I tried changing medications and the new dose was too low. On top of all of that, hubby is on STRIKE! This has been one H*** of a month! Fortunately, as a paramedic, he is an essential service so is only down to 75% of shifts rather than none but that is still 75% pay. Hard to deal with when we only have one income! **SIGH** Tonight, I got to sit down long enough to make THREE cards, look for the other two soon.

cdsjune rose

I coloured this image, June Rose from Clear Dollar Stamps,  so long ago I can hardly remember doing it. Probably three weeks ago now! Isn’t it gorgeous!! It is hard to see but I made my own Glimmer Mist for the music background. It was already aged to start with. Of course, as with all things shimmery, it looks much better IRL! For this very pale colour I used 1/2 of a mini mister of water, one drop cameo coral reinker, same of pretty in pink and enough Aztec Gold Pearl Ex (or Perfect Pearls) that would cover a dime about 1/16” deep! I mean seriously, how do you measure an amount so small, maybe 1/16th of a teaspoon? My measuring spoons only go to a 1/4 teaspoon! If I were to do it again, I would use maybe 2 drops of coral and 3 of pink to get a deeper colour.

The image is coloured with Copics; I really tried hard to leave more highlights this time. I find that the hardest thing for me. The june rose copics ribbon is coloured with R32,a peachy rose colour that I also used to outline the rose panel and for the roses themselves. Other Copic colours in the photo. The panel behind the rose is kraft CS heavily sprayed with a dark brown Glimmer Mist, I forget the colour name. It is again, really pretty IRL! I wish I could photograph it so you could see it!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
June Rose-Clear Dollar Stamps
Ink: Memento brown
Paper: white CS-Taylored Expressions, kraft and chocolate-SU!
Accessories: Copics as pictured, seam binding ribbon-stash, Kaisercraft blush pearls, music-vintage, cameo coral and pretty in pink reinkers-SU!, Aztec Gold Pearl Ex, Mini Mister-Ranger, frayed burlap Distress Ink, Bow Easy-Stamp Simply Store, Glimmer Mist-Tattered Angels

2 comments:

Laurie Wilson said...

Talk about gorgeous! This is one beautiful card! Wow, I bet that glimmer on the background is divine! Beautifully colored roses too and that little pearl in the center the bow is the sweetest touch!

Anonymous said...

very pretty!
Pam Going Postal