June 19, 2009

Joy Fold Seaside Card

This was a really fun card to make. It really is one normal-sized card with one side shortened and one mini card put together seaside joy fold1 overlapping each other. The little crab keeps the mini card  closed. So cute! I chose this card so I could use Card Directions again! Such a cute little set and at $1.99 how can you pass it up?

  I used Shore Treasures to make the main part of the card. I LOVE this set!! The style of the illustrations are so perfect for  seaside joy fold closeup watercolouring! Kinda wispy and flowing. Yeah, I know my watercolouring is far from perfect but I have such fun doing it and I wasn’t going for perfect. I think I should have stamped my waves at the edge of   seaside joy fold open1 the sky and the water and a line of sand at the edge the sand and the water. Oh well. Unfortunately, the colours are cdsseaside joy fold open2 somewhat washed out, even with no flash. ***SIGH*** You also can’t see the PearlEx I used for the shell and the sand.

  I took photos of the stages involved in opening this card above. Plus a close up of the watercolouring. I was actually quite pleased with the crab. I think he really looks like the sun is hitting his right side. I’m not sure I have ever seen a real crab so forgive me if the colours are wrong!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Shore Treasures, Card Directions
Ink: Stazon brown, bordering blue-SU!
Paper: DP-Bella Bella, bordering blue and chocolate CS-SU!
Accessories: foam dots-Jody Morrow, watercolour crayons-SU!, tag die-Quickutz, Aztec Gold PearlEx, Hemp twine-Hemptique, artichoke marker-SU!, watercolour brush
Technique: watercolouring

4 comments:

Kevin Renz said...

Amazing card! I love the sense of lazy days and peacefulness that your card gives off.

Your watercoloring looks great to me :)

Cassie said...

this looks great! love the theme, the colors, the layout!

Laurie Wilson said...

What a gorgeous scene! Looks just beautiful! I love the fold and the crab that holds the card closed, so cute!

Candy F. said...

The beach scene you created with this set is perfect!