April 12, 2009

Mojo Monday 81-Blissful Beach

ETA: I won with this card! WOOO HOOO!

I wasn’t thrilled with my last Mojo card and since the rules do not seem to say anything about one entry per person, I decided to make another card. This one I love. I always seem to be happiest with cards I make that are beach-themed or vintage. Funny thing is I often distress those types of cards, for instance this card has 4 different distress  techniques on it, yet when I try to shabby chic blissful beachor grunge up a scrapbook page, I usually hate it! Hmmmm…

This card uses only two papers and two cardstocks. Chocolate and vanilla are the cardstocks, the other papers are the front and back of two sheets of Bella Bella patterned paper. I was so glad they had solid colours on the back because no SU! Colours seem to match and I have very little supply of any other colours. I think bordering blue might match but I decided I didn’t need it after all. I did use bordering blue ink for some distressing. I grunged up the solid plastic shell embellishments with gold rub-on paste. The distressing techniques I used were edge distressing using 1. My fingernail, 2. Heidi Swapp distressing tool (the pink PacMan one), as well as 3. DTP (direct-to-paper) inking and 4. Sponging. I list the first two separately because to me they each give different looks. If anyone wants some more info or a tutorial on distressing, just leave me a comment, I’d be happy to oblige. I am by no means an expert but my inky fingers seem to argue that point!

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Beautiful Beach, Along the Shore
Ink: chocolate chip, close to cocoa, bordering blue
Paper: Bella Bella patterned paper, chocolate chip, vanilla CS
Accessories: gold starfish charm-UK, sand picot-edge ribbon, shell embellishments-Dress it Up!, gold rub-on paste-UK, foam dots-Jody Morrow and UK. All products by SU! Unless otherwise noted.
Techniques: distressing, sponging

8 comments:

Arlana 11426 said...

What a lovley card!!! Great mojo

Cassie said...

It's gorgeous!! Love the shabby chic feel to it! And the dimension on that starfish is incredible!!

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used the shells along the bottom right. Beautiful!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So gorgeous! Love it!

anamarie said...

Everyone of your details was perfectly chosen. The colors, though, are the most perfect match for the sea. Congratulations!

scrapperjulia said...

Congratulations on winning, you deserve it, this card is GORGEOUS!

Maryvel said...

CONGRATUALTIONS! This was my winner's pick too! Hands down! AWESOME!!

Created With Paper said...

Wonderful card, congrats on the Win!!!