March 01, 2009

Yes, I am alive!...

...though not all together whole in body yet. Seems like a lot of people have been hit very hard by a variety of nasty bugs lately. I am mostly better but have no energy yet. I struggled to make even this most basic of cards :( Oh well, I am trying at least. I am having trouble  with a design team project I have to do so I started with something a bit easier-last week's Twinkle Team challenge I was too sick to do. This time it was an inspiration challenge rather than a sketch challenge. I had lots of ideas since I have quite a few coffee stamps I just wasn't having much fun doing it. I guess I am still  just low on energy. Hope you like it.
mttsc11
Very obvious construction on this card, I used foam dots between all the layers. I would have omitted one of them if I had clip_image002remembered that I always use foam dots between layers when I use this thick ribbon. I will have to deliver it by hand! The button is from SU! latte pack threaded with dusty rose silk ribbon. The tea cups are watercoloured using my new Koi water brush. I am not a big fan of water brushes because they do not have enough control but I heard this one was da bomb. Still not a big fan but it is way better than any other I have tried.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Stampington
Paper: CTMH CS and Amore patterned paper
Ink: creamy caramel, close to cocoa SU!, Stazon brown
Accessories: gold and rose gel pens, rose and cameo button-Jesse James, silk ribbon-UK, chocolate button and ribbon, watercolours-SU!, Kaiser pearls, foam dots-Jody Morrow

4 comments:

Kimmie said...

Hope your feeling better. Great card!

Heather Schlatter said...

Rebecca,

Sorry you are still low on energy!! I think you did a wonderful job on the challenge and I love those images!!!

I have had a horrible week to, not with illness persay well sort of Oh it's all on my blog, but anyway I get how your feeling!!!

Good Job!!!

Heather

Cassie said...

this is one of my most favorite cards of all time! I l.o.v.e. this stamp and i love it in the pinks! and the buttons and little flower!! you should submit it to stampington!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is super cute! Hope you feel better and love your take on the inspiration sketch...very pretty!!!