February 05, 2009

Parisian Embellished Purse Box

Isn't this pretty? I try not to toot my own horn too much but I am really happy with this purse box. This is the first Timeless Template I have used and I am entering it in the Paper Trey bag challenge. If you are interested, go to Paper Trey Ink and click on Packaging. You pay for them (ONLY $5 each!) and download them right away so no waiting for shipping. You get a file with the template and another with 5 ideas of how to use the template.
purse box main The base is made from cardstock; I covered the front and flap with designer paper. I went with the Ways To Use It Challenge from today to embellish the purse fastener. I believe the title was called Embellishment Pile-Up! Cute name huh?? The fastener is just a little cardstock tab you attach to the underside of the flap and slip into a slit in the front of the purse. My slit was a bit messy purse box closeup so I needed to cover it up anyway. I made the ribbon rosette and sewed on the buttons. The pretty pin from CTMH comes with the pink flower head only. I added the beads and the rhinestone from my stash. After adding the pretty pin, the back of the ribbon rosette was very uneven and the whole thing is quite heavy. I chose to sew the whole thing down to the cardstock. I used my 1/16" hole punch to create holes in the CS so the needle would pass through more easily.

You will notice a slight difference between the original photo and the close up. I finished taking the photos and realized I HADN'T STAMPED anything. {{ARGH!!}} Seriously, is that possible?? So I went back and added a tag on the pretty pin. Sorry it is so hard to see the handle; when taking close-ups, it is hard to get everything in focus. It has a small bead then a large bead then a small bead with a slight space between each on both sides just above the insertion into the purse flap.

Enjoy, Rebecca

OH, one other thing, be sure to visit Jessica at The Whimsical Butterfly - she has really yummy  BLOG CANDY! You have to make a card using Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Sketch 8 by Feb 10, 8am so get working. Be sure to check out the other rules on her blog.

RECIPE
Stamps:
love-retired SU!
Paper: pink pirouette, white, chocolate chip CS, Parisian Summer DSP
Ink: pretty in pink-SU!
Accessories: ribbon-Offray, round buttons-Basic Grey, flower button-SU!, thread-Mettler, pretty pin-CTMH, rhinestone-Zva Creative, pearls and beads-UK, crystal-Swarovski, tag die Quickutz, sterling silver split ring (to attach tag)-UK.

3 comments:

IamDerby said...

This is really pretty! i love the big flower.

Cassie said...

you should toot your horn!!

this turned out fabulous - good luck!!! i love it all - it's hard to decide what i love best: the ribbon flower, the stick pin, the love tag, the paper.....

Janna said...

This is super cute! I love this template and the way you decorated it! Very pretty!

Smiles,
janna