November 30, 2008

French Flair Merci Card

This is another card for a gift for my sister's roommate. I really love this little card. I didn't really like making envelopes for them though so look for a post soon with my directions for making a 'display' envelope french flair merci for your custom sized cards. The display style shows off most of the card as soon as the flap is opened. It can be adapted to any size card.

This is a specialty trifold card. Go HERE for instructions for the layout. I made the card from pale plum CS with retired designer series striped paper. The bottom two layers are perfect plum and pale plum CS both stamped along the edges with the flower bouquet from Carte Postal in the same colour ink as paper, both were punched with the ticket corner punch. The top layer is very vanilla stamped with the French flair background stamp in mellow moss. 'Merci' from the same set was stamped in perfect plum on pale plum CS, punched with the word window punch. I reinserted the punched CS into the bottom of the punch to cut off the excess. Brads were added to the corners of the perfect plum panel and the 'merci' was adhered using foam dots. The card was adhered together according to the tutorial. I had a lot of fun putting this card together, I love interesting folds!

RECIPE
Stamp Sets:
French Flair, Carte Postale
Paper: Designer Series Paper, pale plum CS, very vanilla CS, perfect plum CS
Ink: Mellow moss, perfect plum, pale plum
Accessories: ribbon-unknown, pewter brads, foam dots

No comments: