October 23, 2008

Professional Artist?? Hmmm...

Well, at least I'd like to be! So from now on, this blog is going to be my attempt to showcase my work and perhaps get paid for my efforts. I am already on one design team Stamp and Scrap Canada so hopefully I can get on more. Of course there are probably thousands of gals like me out there trying to get the same jobs but I can try! Hopefully you will enjoy my projects. Live in the Toronto area? I also teach Bra Making, yes I am serious, you can make your own professional-looking (well it actually looks better and is WAAY more comfy) bra. You do need to know how to sew first though. I teach in my home in Mt Albert, near Newmarket, Ontario and at Sew Be It Studio. Don't live near here but know how to sew? Take a look at my website Sew Fine Bras because I sell kits and patterns. I also host crops and classes at my home so if you live near me, e-mail for details! So, now on to the paper crafting!

october 10 09

I made this card for SCS Sketch Challenge 197. This is the first one I have ever done and bad me, I haven't even posted it to the site yet! Must do that. I started with a whisper white card top folded, 4.25" x 5.5". then I added the pink panel stamped with the tiny flowers from Fresh Fillers. On top of that is a certainly celery panel. You can't see it well but it is a tiny bit wider than the Copic coloured panel on top. when I first saw this card sketch, I knew I wanted to use a wheel stamp I could colour in. The size just seemed right and because I am new to Copic colouring, I look for opportunities to use my new babies. I tried to do some shading but I think I will need to make it bolder because here you can't tell at all! Please bear with me while I learn this new medium. I stamped the celery panel with blessings, sorry but I can't remember which set that belonged to, I now have most of my retired SU! stamps unmounted so I forget the set names. I added a pink spiral paper clip and pink grosgrain ribbon to finish it off.

No comments: